So many people have been leaving comments here on twitter and facebook after each “in training” post I thought I’d share a progress update with you all.
- sticking to 1200 calories per day, I write up a plan for the entire week on Sunday morning. It lays out every calorie, every meal for the entire week and I just tick them off as I have them. Makes it super easy as you don’t wait till you get hungry to plan your meal, and the shopping is easy because you know what you need in advance.
- have increased the length of my kettlebell workouts. Sets have gone from 30 secs to 60 secs and I’ve added extra sets to every workout
- I can now do 2 sets of tabata intervals with my kettlebells
- I went up a kettlebell size for swings and squats
- increased the length of my cycling sessions
- increased average speed of cycling sessions by 6km an hour
- dropped below my first big weight goal (have set goals so as I drop down it allows me to have small celebrations every so often rather than always being so far away from the end goal).
- Clothes are getting looser – dropped centimetres off body measurement (always remember to measure yourself bust/chest,waist,hip as you might be getting smaller but not be showing up on the scales).
- generally feel better, sleep better and now that exercise is built into the daily routine it’s just another thing you do in the day so the “get started” effort has gone as it is now habit.
So overall am pretty excited at how it is all going. Exercise is getting easier, clothes are fitting better, food is super easy to prepare and I’m finding all kinds of new recipes that taste great for low calories, high protein.
I’ll let you know periodically how the progress is going and thanks for helping me keep going to make my goals.