For a little while I’ve wanted a new commuter bike. This horrible summer of seemingly endless rain has propelled the want even further. Problem is I can’t find what I want.
So I’m asking for help, I’ll list what I want and a few restrictions and if you think you can find the perfect bike for me please leave me a message at the end of this post. Thanks so much!
Ok so now what the bike must have
- a few gears, not many but definitely not singlespeed (I use this thing to haul groceries, get to and from work and sometimes one gear is just not enough for me)
- proper brakes (no back pedal or brakeless)
- front basket or space to attach front basket
- rear rack
- skirt guard is optional but would be nice
- not weigh a million kilos (I have to negotiate stairs and it defeats the purpose of getting a commuter bike if it’s too heavy to actually use)
- a step through style or mixte style would be nice
- decent componentry (internal hub gears would be awesome), this bike will be ridden rain, hail or shine.
- be pretty to look at, bonus points if it also comes in a range of colours to choose from
and here is the big one, the one that has so far prevented me from finding a bike
- must be able to fit a small female who just reaches 150cm (5 foot)
I can find any number of pretty bikes with all the wants I have listed but they are all too big!
I tried one today and even on a step through with the seat as low as it could go there was no way I could get off the seat to put my foot on the ground without needing a ladder of some kind! (slight exaggeration but not by much).
So can anyone help find me a pretty bike?